Thursday, February 10, 2011

What I Learned In Class v1.



This is my lovely EKG book. I was a little overwhelmed when I first received it, reading the first chapter there were so many keywords. I love keywords though. I know, I'm weird. For some reason it's easier for me to learn with keywords.


I got into class about five minutes before it started and my teacher introduced himself. He was an older man, probably in early 50's, maybe mid 50's. He asked me some questions about why I was there and what I do now. I set up my stuff and looked around the room. There were at the time three other women in the classroom and I realized I was the youngest one probably by about 15-20 years. We were waiting on two other people, only one showed up and she was probably around the same age as the other ladies.


Finally the class began. Our teacher was all sorts of jumbled because he pretty much got thrown into it last minute because the teacher we were supposed to have had an emergency. The first chapter and a half we learned everything about the inside and outside of the heart. I can tell you that I can officially name all parts of the heart and what they do. I'm pretty proud. I just wished we could doodle hearts instead of making them look all fancy, hahaha.


We also got a little bit into the world of EKG. We learned about P, QRS & T waves. We also learned how to count out between the waves, which I have no idea why we have to do that. I guess I'll learn that next week though.


I'm not gonna lie, its a lot for my brain to take in since our class only meets Monday for 3 1/2 hrs. But, its exciting. I mostly done with my homework, just a page or two left on the worksheets from the chapter. I can't wait to actually use the EKG machine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...