|My cousin's 21st birthday, Feb 09.|
My name is Nickie. I'm 24 years old. I'm from Bristol, CT, a city in central Connecticut. I have been blogging for about three years now. I started out on Blogspot and then moved to Wordpress and now am finally back on Blogspot. I will not be moving any of my posts from Wordpress to here though because I want to start completely fresh. A lot of my older posts were about drama/and crappy life situations. I want to steer away from that and make this blog a lot more positive. I also want to start sponsoring as well as doing reviews. I just have to set myself up for all of that first.
My life is going through some huge changes right now. Tonight, I will be starting my EKG Technician class at the local community college. I am really excited. It's a 15 week program designed so that I when I'm done, I can
take the test, hopefully pass and then find a job. Unfortunately, they do not help with job placement.
If I can't find a job doing that (the demand is pretty low for that specific course) then I will take Phlembotomy (drawing blood), and see if I can get a cross-trained job in that. If I don't come across anything in that, I will go for CNA, which will ultimately give me a certification in Patient Care.
A few more things about me:
- I have a boyfriend. In my last blog I used a "code name" for him, but I've decided it doesn't really matter if I use his real name anymore. It's Dan. We have been together for a little over five years and are hopefully getting our first place together. It will most likely be a condo.
- I drive a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit. I was introduced to the "scene" when I was 16. As of now though, I have little interest for that. I rarely go to any shows and my car modification plans have taken a back seat, probably forever. My car is perfect the way it is.
- I love xbox. I own/play a xbox. Most nights you can find me on Call of Duty: Black Ops with my friends.
- I currently work in an office. My company does remediation for water damage, puffbacks, fires, etc. I am in charge of estimates for the insurance companies. It's not bad, but not something I want to do forever. I'm more hands on/moving around/busy kinda person.
- My blog's title represents my obsession with the South. I am seriously, seriously obsessed with it. I def. believe that I have a southern heart and am stuck in the wrong place. I love the warmth and the friendliness of the South. I have def. been leaning more towards moving to Alabama. I just love the countryness (i know its not a word) of it all.
- I hate the winter. I am absolutely a summer girl, early fall places a close second, followed by late spring.
- I was born in May on a Sunday. Sundays are my favorite day. They just seem so peaceful & easy going, I can't really explain it.
- I love writing and reading. I own a Nook and have three books to read/finish.
- I have a DSLR camera. I really don't know how to work it to well but I hope to learn more about it when I was time too.
- Country music is my new love. I love how every song is a story. It makes me envision the South, the big empty fields, the beautiful churches.
- I like a lot of random things. I love driving around. I have a passion for the little things in life.