Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Reading Wednesday v.1

*Disclaimer: I have purchased all the books that I am reviewing. None of these books were given to me to review by any company. I just want to let people know what I'm reading so that maybe they will want to read these books as well.*



I've decided to start a new series on my blog called Reading Wednesdays! Every Wednesday I'm going to review a book that I have read in the past week or am currently reading. Want to participate? Grab the button over there in my sidebar and then link back to me so I can share with everyone what you're reading as well! (think of it as a mini book club of sorts!)

I should start by saying that I have a Nook. Oh I love thee. I only have the very basic, wi-fi, non color edition but that is enough for me. I took about two weeks to decide whether I wanted the Nook or Kindle and decided to go with the Nook because I've read a lot of reviews on how the Kindle has a tendency to freeze and never turn back on. Of course, Amazon allows you to return it for a new one, but many customers are complaining that they have had to return a couple times now, so I decided on the Nook.

I recently was browsing the Young Adult section in the bookstore on the Nook and came across "Falling Fast." The Nook allows you to preview the first 20 pages of the book, so I downloaded the sample and thought it was great.



The story is about a young woman who works for a feminist magazine, named Alexa. Alexa's boss decides that she is perfect to expose a tv reality show called "Falling For Mr. Right." Throughout her journey, Alexa finds out not all the women on the reality show are bimbos, and that Mr.Right may just be Mr. Perfect for her.



While the beginning of the book was great, towards the end it seemed the author sped through it. I really enjoyed the characters as they were well written. If you're looking for a quick read and a sappy story I highly recommend this.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...