Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend & Hello New Kids!

First off, thank you to all the new (and old) people that have commented on my blog posts. It really means the world to me that you have taken the time to read my little corner of the interwebs. I have to learn to get better at this reading comments and commenting back thing. I'm working on it, promise! The interwebs and I usually take a break over the weekend, we just need time apart. (haha)

This weekend was a quiet one. Painted pottery with Amanda (boyfriends bffs gf) on Saturday at the Pottery Piazza. I have not been there in a million years (okay like 5 mnths but still). They have soo many things to choose from. So far I've painted; a candle holder, a picture frame, a mickey mouse mug, a post it note holder and this time around I painted a flip flop jewlery box. Amanda painted a super cute dog bone shaped dog bowl for her doggie Hershey.

I'll have pics when we pick em up this coming Saturday!

After pottery painting and a Friday night of Pinterest'n in bed, I was super insprired to create something. Anything. So we headed to AC Moore. Everytime I go in there, I never ever know what to create. The ideas are there, but I can never put them together. I remembered something I found on Pinterest though.

A DIY Dry Erase Board!

What you need: A glass picture frame (12x12 or whatever size your scrapbook paper is)
Some scrapbook paper.
Dry erase markers.

What to do: Untab the back of the frame.
Insert scrapbooking paper.
Retab back of frame.

And ta-da! You have a DIY dry erase board. It's a bit more than a regular one but I love the fact that you can change up the scrapbook paper depending on the season or the mood or whatever you're feeling.
All in all it cost me about 20 bucks. The frame was most expensive but the scrapbook paper was .89 cents a piece.




I really liked the Times Sq print. I also have a baseball one (for boyfriend of course) and a green sparkly sheet that Amanda picked out for me. I'm probably going to take it one more step and put some hooks at the bottom so when it comes time for me and bf to finally move in together (hopefully next year), I can throw this up by our door and we can hang our keys or mail that needs to go out or whatever really.

Other than that, it was a quiet weekend. I did indulge in some mac & cheese for dinner last too. =)

We love Phineas & Ferb. + mac & cheese!


How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOVE the Times Sq. paper! NYC is awesome! And your DIY dry erase board is cute! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...